OKAY if you know me you know I LOVE RAW BROWNIES. You guys they are better than any cooked brownie and my husband will testify. I seriously am obsessed and I use to make them every other day. HINT! They do NOT last, you will eat ALL of them because they are that damn delicious. I've posted recipes before on here and I haven't even eaten a single raw brownie since I've been pregnant! Can you believe it??? so here I am, with a little spruced up brownie recipe!
First do you know the difference between cacao and cocoa powder? To sum it up because I know you guys can google. Raw Cacao is one of the best sources of magnesium found in nature. It contains calcium, zinc, iron, copper, potassium and sulfur. Cacao enhances physical and mental wellbeing and to save you from lots of big words you won't understand it is a superfood!! And you need it in your life, like now! These are dairy, sugar and flour free so completely GUILT FREE mamas! guilt free!
- 1 1/2 cups raw unsalted almonds. You can use walnuts to.
- 2 - 2 1/2 cups Medjool Dates. (I use organic dates from whole foods instead of Medjool)
- 3/4 cup raw cacao if you have it.
- 1-2 tsp espresso powder or finely ground coffee (depending on preference)
- pinch sea salt
- I add a spoon full of this mixture of flax, chia and coconut shreds.
- Add nuts, cacao, espresso and sea salt in food processor. Pulse and transfer to a bowl.
- Add Dates and blend.
- Add nut mixture into the dates and pulse.
- If your having an issue with your mixture not blending start to add a tiny bit of water until blended and smooth (sticky-ish). Then place mixture on parchment paper and place in freezer or fridge before cutting.
- try not to eat the whole pan before sharing some.
if your like me and get inpatient. throw it all in the food processor together.
* If you have a vitamix blend everything separate and then combine and take your time. I almost broke my vitamix making these so just be patient! I now use a food processor! Also if you don't have Cacao you can make these with cocoa powder its just not as healthy for you but still delicious.
A little behind the scenes because blogs and instagram make everything seem perfect and its not. While taking these this morning I was in bed eating the brownies and then spilled my coffee on our bed. I also had laundry all over. And if you haven't heard me say it before, I CANT wait to take our ac units out and move the crib where they are and start putting together her space. Right now everything is just scattered around our upstairs while we are re-doing everything. So there you have it a normal person with normal clutter!