I made these on a whim and I'm pretty sure they will be a staple in our house this fall. They are so delicious and an easy on the go snack. These are a great substitute from cookies or brownies or muffins and are guilt free!
- 1 packed cup chopped pitted dates
- 1/4 cup 365 Pumpkin Pie Mix its next to the pumpkin. *if you only have pumpkin puree see notes below
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds (I used ground chia seeds you could use hemp as well)
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats.
- ½ cup chopped raw pecans
- ½ cup raw pepitas (you can chop them if you like)
- 1/3 cup chopped dark chocolate or cacao nibs.
If your using regular pumpkin puree you have to add the spices
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground all spice
- Pinch of salt
How to make these amazing bites!
- Place dates, pumpkin, honey and chia seeds in food processor. Pulse until the ingredients become a thick paste. *This is where you would add all the spices if you are using normal pumpkin.
- Transfer the pumpkin paste to a mixing bowl and fold in the oats, pecans, pepitas and dark chocolate.
- Form the mixture into whatever size balls you want. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week. If your hands are sticking to the mixture to much get your hands a little wet or refrigerate the mixture for 15 minutes and you won't have an issue.
- Try not to eat them all and share, because they are addicting.
I would recommend doubling this batch because the go fast but also because you will have a can of open pumpkin pie in your fridge that will need to be used.